Plays a key role in the property and construction accounting functions. Is responsible for all aspects of property accounting for assigned properties. Assists Controller by filling in as required including assistance in financial reporting compilation and compliance.
- Takes ownership of all development and operating accounting functions.
- Assists Controller with all financial institution requests and compliance certificates.
- Administrative duties as needed by the Controller.
- Responsible for gathering and maintaining insurance and tax records.
- Prepares monthly financial statements and reporting to be reviewed by Controller.
- Bank Reconciliation preparation for Controller review.
- Construction Cost accounting including compliance with regulatory agencies, such as HUD.
- All other property accounting and lender related requirements, including 1099 preparation, as needed.
- Oversees Accounting Department staff to ensure deadlines are met.
- Develops Accounting Staff to ensure continuous improvement.
- Liaison between company and external accounting firm as it relates to audit and tax preparation.
- Ad hoc reporting as needed.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multitask.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Accurate and detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and relate effectively, productively, and positively with other Associates.
- Dependable, punctual, reliable.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Typing and data entry skills.
- Ability to use a 10-key calculator accurately by touch.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and other accounting systems.
Desired Education and/or Experience:
- B.A. / B.S. degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- Minimum 5 years direct accounting experience
- Job Type: Full Time