Plays a key role in the property accounting function. Is responsible for all aspects of accounts payable for assigned properties. Assists Controller by filling in wherein required assistance in reporting compilation and compliance. Essential Duties
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Administrative duties as needed by the Controller.
- Audit and process credit card billing and expense reports.
- Process intercompany billing payables and deposit into necessary accounts.
- Responsible for 1099 maintenance to provide accurate year-end reporting.
- Assist Property Managers with invoice research as needed. h. Prepare in coordination with the Controller all weekly check runs.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multitask.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Accurate and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and relate effectively, productively, and positively with other Associates.
- Dependable, punctual, reliable.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Typing and data entry skills.
- Ability to use a 10-key calculator accurately by touch.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and other accounting systems.
Desired Education and/or Experience:
- 2+ plus years of Accounts Payable experience.
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred.