Plays a key role in the property accounting function. Is responsible for all aspects of property accounting for assigned properties. Assists Controller by filling in where Controller requires assistance in reporting compilation and compliance.
- Takes ownership of all property accounting functions.
- Assist Controller with all financial institution requests and compliance certificates.
- Prepares financial statements and reporting to be reviewed by Controller.
- Responsible for property payables and review.
- Assist with month-end journal preparation to assist with closing.
- Bank Reconciliation preparation for Controller review.
- Construction Cost accounting including compliance with regulatory agencies, such as HUD.
- Assist with year-end 1099 preparation and year-end audits.
- Administrative duties as needed by the Controller.
- All other property accounting and lender-related requirements, as needed.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to multitask.
- Effective organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Accurate and detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and relate effectively, productively, and positively with other Associates.
- Dependable, punctual, reliable.
Essential Technical Skills:
- Typing and data entry skills.
- Ability to use a 10-key calculator accurately by touch.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and other accounting systems.
Desired Education and/or Experience:
- B.A. / B.S. degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- Job Type: Full Time